Lääkärin sosiaalinen vastuu ry (LSV) / Physicians for social responsibility – Finland (PSR), established in 1982, is a Finnish non-governmental organization with 1 000 members consisting of physicians with medical, veterinary and dental expertise. Main areas of operations include development cooperation with projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America, and long lasting work advancing peace and health policy.
PSRs Tuberculosis (TB) Programme in Somalia consists of projects supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Finland, WHO Stop TB Programme’s TB Reach financing facility and The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM). PSR is the Sub Recipient (SR) of the Global Fund and TB Reach grants.
PSR is looking for
Programme Coordinator, PSR Somalia TB Programme
to be responsible for implementation, effectiveness, timeliness and on-going performance of the PSR TB Programme and its activities including:
- Preparation of project documents, annual work plans and project strategies
- Management of programme resources, including preparation of budgets and budget availability
- Supervision and implementation of programme activities ensuring direction towards achieving project outcomes and outputs
- Monitoring and evaluation of and reporting on progress towards programme objectives, further developing unified and systematic ME processes
- Supervision of field staff and consultants
- Facilitation of productive working relationships within the Programmatic Team and between the Programmatic Team and other stakeholders
The succesfull candidate has an advanced university degree in a relevant field such as health, public health, social or political sciences. The position requires proven experience in the fields of development cooperation and project management. Experience with health related development cooperation projects is a distinctive assett. The candidate has good command of English and Finnish as working languages and ability and willingness to travel in difficult circumstances.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to lsv (at) lsv(.)fi and mark e-mail “Programme Coordinator/ candidate’s surname”. Deadline for applications is 2nd May 2013 at 16:00 hrs.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8th May. This one year assignment with possibility of extension begins 1st June 2013.
For more information please contact Annu Lehtinen, Executive Director, tel. 044 744 9030 or annu(.)lehtinen(at)lsv(.)fi
Full Terms of Reference: Programme Coordinator_TOR_PSR_Finland